Monday, October 23, 2006

Me in Reverse

If you're like me, the last transcendent rock album you've heard might have been 1999's "The Soft Bulletin" by the Flaming Lips. By "transcendent" I mean: there was a time before you ever heard the album, and a time after you heard the album, with the actual first listening of the album demarcating a very special musical experience.


Well, if you're a rock fan in search of another amazing recording, look no further than Built to Spill's latest, "You in Reverse". I've always liked this band, but never loved them, per se. However, upon hearing this album I was immediately enchanted. (This is actually a bit different from my experience with "Soft Bulletin", which took some time to really grow on me.) It's truly amazing.

I know I'm a little late on this, as the album came out over six months ago. But I'm not as young as I used to be. Anyway, it's easily one of my favorite purchases of the year, and -- like "Soft Bulletin" -- likely to be one of my favorites for a long time to come.

Get it!

1 comment:

Emi said...

Nice to have you on the bandwagon, jerkface