Monday, September 24, 2007

Impossible Mission, Wii


Surfing the web this weekend, I came across the interesting news that Impossible Mission is being remade for the Wii! This is only one of the coolest old-school games of all time. Having played it again at some point in the last year or so on GameTap, it is definitely in need of a reface. Sad thing is, I'm not sure if it is going to be available in the US. The Amazon UK site has a boxed version for sale, though. Further inspection reveals that Impossible Mission may in fact come to the Wii's Virtual Console as a downloadable title. Is this true? Can a Lode Runner remake be too far behind? Seriously, this is all very exciting, but I can't imagine that there are too many gamers out there under the age of 30 who would be interested in something like this. Anyway, check out the screenshot:


I'll be keeping my eye on the Metacritic page. There appears to be DS, PSP and PS2 versions planned as well. I like this quote from a PSP review: "Retro platforming at its most hernia-inducingly painful." Talk about evil villainy. Mwa ha ha!

No comments: