Monday, July 30, 2007

Haunted Memories

Every Comic-Con brings something totally unexpected and cool...like the guy a few years back who prefectly recreated the William Shakespeare statue that opens the Batcave from the original live-action show. This year, I caught a glimpse of Caveman Robot and dug through the best colleciton of He-Man/Filmation production cels that I've ever seen.

Even though I was only able to walk the floor for a couple of hours, tops on my list was Haunted Memories:


This artist takes real 18th century portraits and turns them into the creepiest lenticular art you've ever seen! For example, as you step past the photograph of a young mother holding her child, she turns into a vampire and looks at her baby with demonic hunger. Absolutely awesome!

A point of irony not lost on me: if I came home with one of these pictures, my wife would have killed me. So I bought a cel of Beastman instead!

No comments: