Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wherever Particular People Congregate

Yes, the old Pall Mall cigarette slogan is highly appropriate for the salon of the future: MySpace! If you've been reading the news lately (or watching pedophile sting operations on Dateline), you've probably started to think that online communities are a sordid cesspool of sex and other deviant activities. Not so! Why, just the other day, I received this message in my MySpace inbox:

"Hey Matthew!

I don't mean to bother you.. I just moved out here around Atlanta for work a couple of weeks ago. It sucks cuz I don't know AnYBoDY out here ;(. My friends back home suggested I start a myspace and look for people in my area. I just started today so here I am! :D

Well I'm lookin to meet a guy and you are pretty cute Hehe. About me... Well I'm 24, single, and I love to have fun. I'm into older men. Since you're cute and 33, you fit the profile! LoL

I just started this myspace stuff today so my profile is pretty thin to say the least. If you wanna see some of my pix, I have a homepage @ houseofvicky.com/kris - there's a bunch of photos and stuff... I also left you a PeRSoNaL message on the front page so come check it out k?

XoXo KriSty"


What an enterprising young lass! With her clever use of online lingo, not to mention her tenuous grasp of punctuation and capitalization rules, I knew "KriSty" was legit. I responded immediately, and we met this morning for a coffee at a little after 7 am. Early? Yes. But, like, she just started her job, you know, and is trying to make a good impression by showing up on time. Anyway, KriSty is a fine looking young woman, to be sure. She was eager to learn about the Atlanta environs and wanted to know what I did to "kill time". Being a married man, this seemed to be a bit of an inappropriate question, especially the way she twirled her hair and pushed out her pert young breasts when she asked me. So I sort of dodged the question and suggested visiting the aquarium.

Anyway, if that doesn't prove that online communities like MySpace are excellent social networking tools and vital outlets for today's young people, I don't know what does. Long live the web!

P.S. Give KriSty a call; she gives awesome head.

No comments: