Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ninten-D'oh!

Nintendo has cut the price of its handheld DS console from $149 to $129.

I bought a DS last week. Of course.

Why did I buy a DS, you ask? One word: Electroplankton. This game -- if you can even call it that -- features microscopic muscical critters making Nintendo sound collages. I saw it at GDC, and my nerdar definitely went off. After seeing more of the game and reading a few reviews, I decided that Electroplankton was the killer DS app that I had been waiting for! It's a Japan-only release for now, so I bought the import. Good thing the DS is not region protected!

I also got Jump Super Stars, a "Super Smash Bros." style fighting game with manga characters. There's dozens of properties in the game, many of which I've never heard of! It looks totally fun. And unlike Electroplankton, Jump Super Stars will almost certainly never get a release in the US. In fact, I'm skeptical that Electroplankton will ever come out stateside, which is why I snatched up the import.

I am currently staring at my mailbox, waiting for the games to arrive. Buy your imports from Play Asia!

No comments: