Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ultimate Ultima Blog

Joystiq reports this totally awesome blog project. One man, nine games, and a single quest: play through all the original Ultima games from start to finish, and blog about it. Amazing! Even better? The blogger's name is Ophidian Dragon...and he's unemployed! But, as Mr. Dragon notes in his introduction, he is not trying to get through the games as fast as possible or play more than 6-12 hours/week. Mr. Dragon is nothing if not a sensible dragon. (And presumably with a few other responsibilities in life, like finding a job.)

Seriously: I poke fun. But props to you, Ophidian! I'm going to try and follow your exploits and live vicariously through your adventures in Britannia. I, myself, only completed Ultima III back in the day...and just barely. (Hell, I've only ever touched Ultimas III-V.) If you can make it through all of these games and live to blog about it, you will have my highest geek respect. Good journey, sir, and watch out for the orcs.

1 comment:

CageBlogger said...

One man, nine games? Nah, one man eighteen games. Don't forget the spinoffs! Even the stupid Game Boy ones...